Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Dew from the Flowers, Tears Upon the Trees
*
*

This is a sticky post (please scroll down for the current posts). And this being a sticky post, the date was changed to the future in order to keep it up top. Really, I set up this blog on Sept. 5th 2006 though I didn't actually organize the template and post until the pre dawn darkness, and then the light as the sun was up and rising, on September 12th. And I think that means something. It is of course, the morning after the anniverary of 9-11, the morning the sun rose again even after what had happened.
Some react to tragedy with hatred. Believe me I am not judging this, I feel that our feelings are sacred things, and mere denial of them heals nothing in us. I sure have felt, do feel, my share of troubled emotion over an abusive childhood for example, and those feelings are real. And yet we can also go deeper. Not deny, just simply go deeper....
The image of going deeper for me is the falling of water. Following those drops of water falling down... following those tears of rain falling on the trees to be held by its warm healing bark. And also following the rising of water as it condenses upon the flowers to meet the welcoming hands of soft cool tender petals and leaves. Water tears fall deep during the night so the gentle sunrise can then enfold those fragile dew drops, the sun that will later also pull some of them back up into the sky, and then later the falling begins again (the daily divine miracle of evaporation and condensation).
All part of the same circle, the same cir-cuit, of the gift of water. Water makes a cur-cuit. We are made of over half water, and so we can learn from this waterdance. Just jumping up to sun and pretending there is no darkness isnt real. Even in our very own fairy tale it isnt real. I'm not saying there "has to be badness", but that there has to be darkness. There is a difference. We have both light and dark for a reason. A healing reason. We are not built to live in eternal day, or eternal summer. Our bodies need cycles of fast and slow, light and dark, our day and night, our seasons, our circles, cur-cuits, condensing down to come up as dew, evaporating up to come down as rain. It reminds me of the "circle of trees" image mentioned on the bluebird blog. The trees are dark really, against the light of sky. And together... they heal.
I'm not even sure where this is going exactly. Perhaps it is the result of living in a time and place where the light is so especially idealized and the dark so discounted, and the wound that has made. Be fast, be bright, be shiny, be prosperous, be laughing, be clear, be up, wake up, wake up, we hear. Well...imagine if you will the bear...many bears would would cease to function forced to live this unbalanced way, they need to hibernate part of the year. And they do this in a special way, rather than becoming cold and fairly unrousable like many other animals hibernate, bears simply need their deep rest in their cozy restorative caves of deep dreaming and sacred quiet during the long winter (also called denning), as well as the long days of running in the bright warm sunshine later. We are human, but actually we are quite like the bear in this (see here for science slowly catching onto our hidden "hibernation gene"). We've just buried bit by bit that part of us I think. And it needs to heal. Well, I'll just speak for myself at the moment...I know it needs to heal in me.
So I dont have any more words for where this blog may be going. The only thing I know is this has wanted to be born for a long time. It is still only slowly taking shape even, nebulous. But behind it...I am feeling a very deep need to gather somehow, to hold dear, to "keep" (like keeper of the hearth), to refine, to deepen, to simplify, to open to the beauty in these healing cir-cling waters of ours...to sweep the dew from the flowers ... So this blog is a sort of a little gathering place of the jewels, the dewdrops, the most core lessons, the most core dreams, the place they may gather and slowly weave into their own fairy tale. Because we all have one, a fairy tale God puts in us. I truly believe we do. And also, that we are all meant to live... a fairy tale life...
(Image is by the lovely (Finnish?) artist Kaarina Kaila , and echoes a core dream from last year, hence the Tears on the Trees part of the title, more later...)


